Friday, May 28, 2010

Castle

I met a sound man who operates a boom (overhead microphone on a stick) that is used to capture actor's dialogue. He works on one of my favorite shows, Castle, Mondays at 10:00 PM on ABC.

Castle is a comedy/drama that features a famous novelist Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Det. Kate Beckett (Stana Katic). Castle follows Beckett around and helps her solve grisly murder cases. The ensemble cast works wonderfully well together and I find the writing and acting entertaining. I recommend you give it a chance. And of course, it is filmed in California.

I always like to hear that the actors whose work I admire are nice people. It seems to be difficult to remain 'nice' when one becomes famous. So when the sound man told me the whole cast was easy to work with and genuinely nice, it made me want to support the show even more. I asked him why he thought Castle, based in New York, is filmed right here in LA. He said; "it's cheaper; the producer lives here; it's very easy to use NY stock footage when they need it, and then film everything else here".

So let's line up for Castle. It has wrapped for this season with Det. Kate obviously in love with Castle, and vice versa. You know how those stories end, where neither knows how the other feels? But that's ok, the friction between them is delicious and it's great to see her tie him into knots show after show.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment