Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Had a Birthday

Over the weekend, my dear husband and my children threw me the best birthday celebration I have had since I was twelve. I have been so truly blessed to have wonderful people to love. In hard times we forget the value of love. And for many people the times are very hard.

Tonight I am having dinner with two men: one works for a city councilman; the other is a retired location manager. I'll let you know tomorrow what bright ideas we come up with to stem the loss of jobs in the film industry. I am committed to taking action, and educating my neighbors on why this issue is important. I have been witness to the magical impact of a single passionate person to effect change and make a difference.

The movie of the week is Iron Man 2. Go see it, it was filmed here in California. I'm going to take my grandson, Ryan, and we are going to have a wonderful time.

Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Sharon,

    I am so glad to hear Iron Man 2 was filmed in California. I already have tickets to see it at the Cinerama Dome with my two children for my Mother's Day celebration. I will feel even better about the day knowing I am voting with my dollars to help California.

    Keep up the good work!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed it. Hope you had a marvelous Mother's Day. Robert Downey Junior rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of you I watched the movie looking for California in it. I didn't have to look very hard when they shot scenes at Randy's Donuts in Inglewood. Brought back memories of driving past it with my father when I would accompany him to make rounds.

    I had a wonderful Mother's Day and hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete