Monday, April 19, 2010

Let's Start with TV

I'm going to start the discussion with television shows that are filmed in California, because they have potential for creating some long running jobs with a certain amount of security. Many, many TV pilots are shot in California; of course, many, many pilots are never picked up. It's a little better than it used to be when there were just three main networks. Now, with a gazillion different channels, there are lots of additional shows being aired.

So, if you're not used to slipping off to channel heaven, you are going to have to break out of the mold to support some of these productions.

The first series I want to talk about is not such a huge stretch, it's on Fox. I never watched "24" before I started this blog. I have been missing one of my favorite shows and didn't even know it, and now it's going to be cancelled? Kieffer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, savior of all we hold dear, does just that every season in a single 24 hour period. It's exhausting to think about, exciting to watch. They film all over LA County, and have for years: from Chatsworth to Santa Clarita to Los Angeles. Kieffer is an amazing actor, and I have no problem recommending this production wholeheartedly. It's on tonight on Fox from 9 to 10 PM. It's last episode is May 24, 2010.

So, it's as simple as that. I'm going to see if I can find out how many people the show has regularly employed that are going to be out of work soon.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment