Friday, April 16, 2010

What We Have to Offer

Hello again,
I've been thinking about what you and I have to offer in exchange for keeping the filming of TV shows and movies in California, and I had a duh moment. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've hit myself over the head many times for not seeing the obvious.

In my store in Woodland Hills, a lot of people look for merchandise made in the USA. They won't buy a garment that is not made here. If you're sensitive to that issue (as we all should be)you'll know that it is not easy finding things made in this country. How sad is that! I make an extreme effort trying to hunt down merchandise made here. It ain't easy.

Here's my duh moment. Why can't we take our people power and try to use it to influence film/TV studios to produce here, simply by trying to go to those movies and watch those TV shows that are made here. In other words, what if we had thousands of people telling a studio or a network that we will watch what you have to offer if you make it here. Now I know there are some issues I'm glossing over. But let's just say we will try; we will consider a 'made in California' movie first; we will take the time to watch a 'made in California' TV show at least once to see if we find it worthwhile/enjoyable.

Next question: How will we know a movie or TV show has been made in California? There is no clothing label on a movie.

Answer: I will tell you.

Deal?

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment