Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tom Hanks is my Hero

Maybe that's what it takes. Maybe you have to write, produce, direct and star in a movie and then you can also pick where the film will be made. Maybe you're tired of traveling and spending so much time away from your home and family; or, maybe you care enough about California and the magic that was Hollywood that you invest your own money in keeping the iconic Hollywood sign in place; and maybe you care that California is sliding off a cliff faster than if it had been hit by the 100 year earthquake and people are s scared because they don't have work and things don't look like they will change soon.

Whatever motivates Mr. Tom Hanks, I choose to believe it's not just about him. And I thank him for producing his next movie Larry Crowne right here in Los Angeles. Good on you Mr. Hanks. And when the time comes, I will be standing first in line at the box office. And by then, 2011, maybe enough people will be reading this blog and will be in line behind me.

I heard a rumor that Mr. Hanks could have saved $10 million by filming in Paris. So, when you see Larry Crowne shooting in your neighbor, say welcome to the crew and "can I get you a cold drink or a hot fudge sundae."

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment