Sunday, August 15, 2010

There Isn't Any

There really isn't any TV worth watching right now. I did see something quite extraordinary on KOCE however; Katherine Jenkins, a mezzo soprano with a range and a compelling delivery that comes maybe once in a life time. If it's on again, try to catch her show. She's an amazing entertainer from Wales who is absolutely beautiful. It would even be great to watch her with the sound off, that's how beautiful she is.

I spent the afternoon researching the new Fall offerings, but I'm not quite ready to publish my findings. The Fall season starts September 7th, and I'm compiling a schedule of new shows and renewed shows and where they were filmed. I will asterisk those that sound interesting to me, but you will have to make your own decisions. There is a lot to choose from this year; lets hope there is some quality programming in the mix.

And hopefully, the studios will give the good ones a chance to settle in and find their audience. With all the work that goes into the creation of TV programming, sometimes I think the studios are too quite with the hook. How many people need to watch something for it to stay on the air? Currently, not a single show on TV during the last few weeks has pulled a double digit audience.

Anyway, watch for the September TV viewing schedule next Sunday.

Sharon

3 comments:

  1. I agree the pickings are a little slim but there are a few TV gems out there for summer viewing. We watch HBO's True Blood and you have already given them a thumbs up for their use of LA for their shooting. We also watch The Closer which has to be filmed here since the premise of the show is she works for LAPD and I occasionally recognize where they are. Finally, we are fans of Mad Men on AMC. I don't know where it is filmed since the storyline is set in NYC but we enjoy it all the same.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about those shows. I like the Closer too, and it is filmed here. Are the shows you listed showing reruns? or are they new programming?
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Closer, Mad Men and True Blood are all summer series and all new programming.

    I was thinking about Mad Men today. Although the story is set in New York City it could be filmed anywhere. Most of the scenes are in the offices of the ad agency, the homes of the characters or restaurants. Do you know where it is shot?

    Janet

    ReplyDelete